Attention All Interested CC Students: A new college visit Oct. 30th, second hour, Marquette
FAFSA Applications Are Now Due
Scholarships: Seniors are wrapping up their college applications, the next step is scholarships. $$$ is super important especially free $. There are different types of scholarships for students.
1. FAFSA all families need to apply for federal aid. Private schools do not offer scholarship monies unless that FAFSA is completed
2. Campus Scholarships- Please go on each university web site that your son or daughter has applied and search scholarships in the search engine. You may need to fill out additional scholarship applications.
3. Outside scholarships- I have posted numerous scholarships on our school web page. Please check places of employment,etc. The web site doesn’t list all scholarships.
4. Local Scholarships – These will be posted later and the success rate is high because these scholarships are just for our students or BHS.
5. National Scholarships – You are competing against students across the nation. I would look at these but make your priority numbers 1 – 4.
Increase your odds…apply often and frequently.
Don’t forget searching for scholarships and filling out the applications is a job. The more applications you complete the higher your odds of winning.
HOBY Youth Leadership conference. If any sophomore is interested in attending a state leadership seminar please stop by the counseling center for more information. Each spring, 10,000 high school sophomores from across the country join one of HOBY’s 70 State Leadership Seminars to recognize their leadership talents and apply them to become effective, ethical leaders in their home, school, workplace and community. This year HOBY will be held at Edgewood College.